Skip to main content

What is the processing time for sponsoring spouse leaving in India if get married to green card holder girl from US?

Los Angeles, CA |

My brother in law is in India and getting married to Green card holder girl in February 2014. If the girl put the file for sponsoring my brother-in law, how long it will take for him to get the visa. what is the processing time and what are the documents she will need to submit with the application and how much fund will she need for sponsoring? Can you please send me all the details ?

Attorney Answers 1


The processing time will be 9-12 months. As far as the details, please watch my video about Green Cards through Marriage.

Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Mark as helpful

13 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Marriage and prenups

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics