What is the processing time for re-entry permit for a Permanent Resident?

Asked 9 months ago - Corona, CA

I would like to apply for a re-entry permit for my son who is 13 years old. He's been here in America for more than 3 years now. Reason for his longer stay in the Philippines is for him to study there. Can this reason be granted for re-entry permit?

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

1

Answered . The processing times for all types of applications, including RP are posted at the USCIS website www.uscis.gov TIP: whatever processing time you read there, add at least another month +, to be on the safe side and not be disappointed. Those are not "real time" reports, but average estimates.

2. Jay Ignacio Nunez

4

Answered . From recent experience, I believe it took about 4-5 months to process.

3. Aggie Rachel Hoffman

3

Answered . Yes studying abroad is an acceptable reason for a re-entry permit. Typical processing time is 3 months, but it could take longer. Check the uscis.gov website.

4. Rehim Babaoglu

4

Answered . I agree with counsel. You should apply for the re-entry permit for him. If you get in to a time bind. Make an Infopass appointment with your local CIS office and show them your receipt. You may have to file and pay for another re-entry petition but it will be issured by them.

5. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

2

Answered . From three to six months or longer if there are complications.