What is the processing time for AOS package with I-130 @ the MSC?

Asked about 4 years ago - Chicago, IL

I sent my AOS package and I-130 to the Chicago lockbox and I got an email/text today stating it's been received and routed to NBC for processing. My receipt number starts with MSC, and I'm unable to check the case status on their website. (Not sure if it's too early to check or if there's a glitch in the system) but I was wondering if anyone knew the estimated time frame for the processing time for this center for I-130, I-485 and I-765? Thanks :)

1. Amy L Becerra

1

Best Answer

Answered . As of July 31, 2010, the Chicago USCIS office reports that it is taking approximately 4 months to process I-485 Adjustment of Status applications (which would include the underlying I-130 in AOS cases). You can see this at: https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processingTimesDisp....
    That's fast! As far as checking your receipt number against the online status page, sometimes they just don't get the receipt number loaded in... ever. Other times, it might be in their automated system but with faulty information or dates. It's definitely not 100%. You can always call the National Service Center 1-800 # listed on your Receipt Notice, but I'd give it at least 30-60 days before bothering as it will just be in the works until then. You should receive a biometrics appointment notice within several weeks of applying.

For assistance in preparing adjustment of status application packages and removal of condition on residence petitions, conducting case status inquiries, and filing FOIA requests, contact Ms. Amy L. Becerra, Esq.; (757) 345-9019; amy@alblawoffice.com.

2. Kwao Amegashie

Pro

Answered . The files will be forwarded to your local USCIS office after the beneficiary submits to biometrics. The employment authorization document (work permit) will be issued within 90 days of reciept of your application.