What is the process to get my L1A visa (valid till 2015) back on a re-issued passport (Indian) in liu of lost passport?

Allentown, PA |

I have come to US in April 2012 on L1A visa, valid till Feb. 2015. I just lost my passport (valid till May 2021). I am applying for re-issue of new passport in liu of lost passport. Once I get the new passport from Indian Consulate in New York, what is the process to get the L1A visa restamped on it? Do I have to go to India in the same US consulate (Chennai) to get it restamped or I can go to other US consulate in in India (like Mumbai) or I can get it re-stamped in nearby country like Canada? What are the fees for these 3 options and what all documents I need to resubmit to get the L1A visa re-stamped?

You have to go to the US consulate with a copy of the approval receipt and a copy of the petition.

2. The same as it was to get the visa stamp in your lost passport, you apply for it at the US Embassy/Consulate.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.