What is the process of selling our home ourselves and how can a lawyer help us?

Lacey, WA |

For Sale By Owner
Selling home, what kind of lawyer do we need? in what ways should we expect them to help us? and how much does it typically cost?

1. Your question has a lot of variables. With respect to the selling process, typically...1) you list it, 2) a buyer makes an offer, 3) you negotiate terms until you have mutual acceptance, 4) unless it is an all cash offer with no contingencies, there will be a period of time that goes by in which buyer applies for a loan, performs an inspection, and carries out other activities related to the transaction, 4) an escrow agent closes the transaction (typically), and 5) you get your money. There is A LOT of documentation, organizing and planning that happens along the way. Most home buyers and sellers should definitely use a competent real estate broker or an attorney to help them through this complex and important transaction.

Legal disclaimer: The answer provided: A) is for informational purposes only, B) is not intended to constitute legal advice, C) should not be relied upon in lieu of consultation with an attorney, and, D) does not establish an attorney client relationship. The answer may be different if all of the facts were known.

2. I agree with the previous answer. I usually help sellers with negotiations, closing and solving issues related to closing. But every sale is different it will depend on how much time is required to finish your deal.
    Good Luck

Please be sure to indicate the best answer. If this answer was helpful, please mark as helpful below. Only. If and until you and I sign an Agreement for Legal Services, I am not your attorney. These answers are provided for informational and/or novelty purposes