Skip to main content

What is the process for requesting an extension on my H 1-b visa beyond 6 years

Spring, TX |
Filed under: Immigration

On my H1-B I need to recapture time spent in Mexico over the past 5 years, what documention do I need to submit to immigration to enable me to extend my H1-B visa beyond 6 years.

I need to recapture about 12 weeks.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


I usually ask clients to show passports with entry and exit stamps, boarding passes if hey have them, itineraries, travel schedules, and other information showing when you were outside the US, with a detailed list of the days you were gone. You can only count complete days you were outside the US, not the days you left or returned.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer