What is the process for my husband to add me, his wife, as co-owner on the title/deed for our home and property?

Asked over 1 year ago - West Falls, NY

Erie County

1. Richard J. Chertock

Pro

7

1

Answered . He has to sign a new deed transferring the property from him to both of you as husband and wife then have the deed recorded at the county clerk. He should see a local attorney to have the deed and transfer documents drafted.

2. James D. Kiley

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . The process would be to prepare a deed conveying the property from your husband to you and your husband and to record it in the county clerk's office along with other forms including a TP584 transfer tax form and NYS equalization form. There would be no transfer tax owed.

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . See a real estate lawyer.

4. Edwin Drantivy

2

Answered . You would be well-served to discuss your dilemma with a New York real estate attorney in a confidential forum as soon as possible.