What is the process for getting US citizenship for our foreign-born adopted child?

Asked about 3 years ago - Phoenix, AZ

Is it a different process than the normal path to citizenship?


Attorney answers (3)

  1. 12

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . To read about the requirements, please see

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If the child has a green card, the child may have already derived citizenship. Normally file n-600 if child meets all requirements.

  3. Answered . 1. the adoption must be valid for immigration purposes.
    2. the child must have the green card.
    3. apply for their citizenship.

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts and advise you accordingly.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
Avvo advisor logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

  • 15-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $39 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now

Can't find what you're looking for?

Ask span5@2x

Ask a question on our public forum.

Ask a lawyer
Advisor span6@2x

Have an attorney contact you privately.

Right now.

Icon lock@2x
Secure conversation. Your details remain between you and your attorney.
Icon clock@2x
Get an answer guaranteed. Be assured that a lawyer will contact you to help with your legal issue.
Start your session now