What is the process for getting an immigration bond back

Brooklyn, NY |

after the bond has been cancelled?

1. When immigration bonds are cancelled, ICE notifies the Debt Management Center of the cancelled bond. After the cancellation is process (and this can take quite a long time), the obligor receives a Form I-391 Notice - Immigration Bond Cancelled. The obligor is instructed to file for a refund of the principal and any accrued interest.

When cash bonds are breached, ICE notifies the obligor through a Form I-323 (Notice - Immigration Bond Breached). ICE is entitled to keep the principal amount from breached bonds. However, the obligor is entitled to receive a payment of accrued interest.

If you have posted a cash bond as an obligor and believe that you are owed monies by the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement pertaining to a cancelled (principal plus interest) or breached (interest only) immigration bond, please follow these instructions:

1. If you have the original bond receipt (Form I-305) and your copy of the bond contract (Form I-352), mail Form I-305 and Form I-352 to the address listed below.

2. If you do not have the original receipt (Form I-305), please complete Form I-395 (Affidavit in Lieu of Lost Receipt of United States Immigration and Naturalization Service for Collateral Accepted as Security) and mail a notarized original to the address listed below. Include a copy of the bond contract (Form I-352) if you have it.

Please forward bond documents or questions to:

Debt Management Center
    Attention: Bond Unit
    P.O. Box 5000
    Williston, VT 05495-5000

Telephone: (802) 288-7600
    Facsimile: (802) 288-1226

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

2. Attorney Fleischer has provided an excellent answer to your question.

Law Office of Luis A. Guerra (954) 434-5800. This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice.

3. I agree, after reading Attorney Fleischer's answer, I can add nothing ... other than to applaud him for it being so complete.

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.