What is the process for changing the zone of my property?

Asked over 2 years ago - Harrah, WA

I have a 1 acre parcel within the town of harrah, wa...i would like to put another dwelling on my property. not sure how to go about it

1. Shawn B Alexander

Pro

3

Answered . Depending on the local development code you may need a variance or other change to allow what you want. Go see the building officials and discuss what your options are, they may so no initially. Be patient and read the local rules. If it seem impossible go see a local land use lawyer.

Good Luck

2. Brandy Ann Peeples

Pro

2

Answered . You will need to consult a land use lawyer. Some jurisdictions don't allow piecemeal rezoning, while others do.

If you were in Maryland, you'd have to request a change by introducing an amendment or participate in what's called a "comprehensive rezoning" if your locality is currently undergoing that process.