What is the procedure to file for U Non Immigrant status when a Waiver of Inadmissability is required?

Asked over 1 year ago - Glenwood Springs, CO

My mother is older than 21 and has been a victim of a Domestic Violence case with my father. I am under 21 and wish to seek U Non Immigrant status as a derivative beneficiary. Note that no paperwork has been filed pertaining to the U visa. We both require a Waiver of Inadmissibility.

I need to know how to put together the packet to send to USCIS, and what evidence is required and reccomended for this purpose.

Should the form I-601 be filed simultaneously with the I-918 Packet (I-918 I-918supA and I-918supB)?

Also, Form I-601 requires an Alien Registration number (A number) and an optional SSN. I have been approved for deferred action (Form I-821D) and I do have those documents, however my mom does not.

I am trying to file all the paperwork myself, as we can't afford an attorney.

1. Michael Paul Gianelli

1

Best Answer

Answered . Generally, you will need to file the I-918, I-918 Supp. B (signed by appropriate official), and the waiver is on form I-192. This waiver is broader than most, which is good for you. Note that you cannot apply until you have the I-918 Supp. B signed by the appropriate official. You should seek an attorney to help you with this process and application. If you cannot afford a private attorney, try going to a legal clinic in your area for help.

No attorney-client relationship is formed from this communication.
  2. Alexander Joseph Segal

3

1

Answered . No, there is a completely different form, I-912. If you are doing it without an attorney and hoping to succeed, you are kidding yourself.

3. Ji Min Kim

Pro

2

1

Answered . If you can't afford an attorney, try to get a list of legal clinic near you. The waiver form is I-192. I really wish you good luck.