What is the procedure/requirements to report an attorney to the D Board??

Asked over 1 year ago - Willow Grove, PA

I want to report an attorney for his activity to the D Board...is it like a court case?? Do I get an appointment with a lawyer and present my documents supporting my issues with the attorney I want to report?? Is my case automatically accepted...and if so...what happens after I contact the D Board..is there then a meeting with the D Board, me and the attorney I am reporting?? Is it anonymous or am I involved through out the whole process?? What are the consequences for the lawyer I am reporting...any money fines or is his license or background affected on a list somewhere??

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Julie Durla Lathia

    Contributor Level 6


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You may report your attorney by preparing and filing a complaint which may be found here:

    You do not need an attorney to assist you in dealing with the disciplinary board but note that the disciplinary board cannot give you legal advice, so you may want to retain another attorney as a consultant or just speak with an attorney to get their opinion on what happened and what your rights/remedies are.

    After you contact the board, they will perform an investigation and, if necessary, meet with you. You will be involved in the entire process though the board will do their best to ensure your confidentiality (and only reveal your identity if necessary).

    Depending on what the board has determined , the lawyer may be subject to a public discipline or a private discipline. In the most egregious of cases, the lawyer may lose his/her license.

    For more information about the process, check out this link: http://www.padisciplinaryboard.org/consumers/faqs/

    Please note that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts other than what you've... more
  2. William A. Jones Jr.


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Attorney Lathia has given a thorough and accurate answer to your question. There is NOTHING to add. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,642 answers this week

3,230 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

24,642 answers this week

3,230 attorneys answering