Skip to main content

What is the procedure in Oregon to evict roommate that is not on the lease

Portland, OR |

i am the only name on the lease but by boyfriend lives with me . we are having troubles and he threatin not to move out . what are my rights in this situation. can i give him a notice and call the police if he doesnt move out

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If he has paid rent for the next month, he could argue that you are his landlord and you must give him a 30 day notice. If he has not paid rent, he is a tenant at sufferance and you can give him a 72 hour notice. Make sure you have a witness with you when you give him notice.

The rules associated with this are at ORS 90.392

Good luck....

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer