What is the procedure in obtaining divorce legal documents on file in Duchess County Supreme Court

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

Is there any form to fill out? I am sure the records are confidential. What if an attorney on record would like to obtain all records?

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

Answered . Only a party, an attorney of record, or someone a party authorizes in a notorized authorization can review a matrimonial file.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

6

Answered . Either a party or someone they have authorized can obtain the records. Also, the attorneys of record can obtain copies of the court file.

3. David Alexander Browde

Pro

6

Answered . You go to the county clerk's office.

4. Marco Caviglia

4

Answered . You will also need to bring your Homeland Security acceptable ID if you are the party.

5. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

3

Answered . If anyone other than the party or the attorney of record attempts to retrieve files, it's best to call ahead & ask the clerk's office whether they accept a notarized authorization to retrieve such records. I've had some courts (e.g., Westchester ±Family Court) reject "mere" authorizations.

* If you found my answer to be "HELPFUL," or the "BEST ANSWER," please feel free to mark it accordingly.