What is the procedure if for some reason I do not get my change of status approved while I'm here in the U.S?

Asked over 1 year ago - Wichita Falls, TX

I have lived here in America for over 8 years. I applied for a change of status a few months ago.... I am switching from an F-2 status to an F-1 status. I was just wondering, if I don't get approved, what would I have to do?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

12

1

Answered . You could go abroad and apply for an F-1 visa.

2. Lisa Ann Schwamkrug

1

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues, if the change of status is denied you could leave the country and apply for the F-1 at the consulate.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

1

Answered . In case your application for a change of status in the US is denied by USCIS, you will need to leave and apply at for the visa at the US consulate abroad.

4. J Charles Ferrari

1

1

Answered . Leave the US and apply for a visa abroad.