Skip to main content

What is the procedure for expunging trespass charge in city of detriot

Detroit, MI |

I was charged with entering in an unkown dwellling without permission in the City of Detroit and then dismissed in court but the incident is still on file as if I am guilty. What do i do to get this off my record?

Attorney Answers 1


The procedure to expunge a conviction is known as a Motion to Set Aside Conviction. It must be filed in the same court from which the conviction was entered. You are eligible for this motion if 1) it has been 5 years since your conviction or release from incarceration; 2) You have no other conviction for any other misdemeanor or felony AT ALL. You may only file this motion once and must the statutory requirements. You do not need a lawyer to file this motion but may want one to make it go smoother.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics