What is the possible sentencing for a aggravated assault and attempted murder defendent

Saint Paul, MN |

If the defendent have no prior criminal charges, first time offender, and have a family who depend on him at home?

The possible sentence is up to 20 years if the sentence for each charge is served concurrently. You should consult with an attorney. Your defense will be expensive, but couldn't be more worth it.

I appreciate your endorsements! If you "agree," or found this response "helpful," please mark it as so. The Law Offices of Sara M. G. Rojas offers free consultations by phone or in person. To schedule one today call 612-206-3722 or email me at srojas@rojaslegal.com. Disclaimer: Nothing in this response constitutes legal advice or creates an attorney-client relationship. You should always consult with a local attorney regarding your specific legal circumstances. Answers posted on Avvo are intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. In particular, my answers and those of others are not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation about your specific legal issues, with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. You should not rely solely upon this website, or other resources which may be linked to an answer in addressing your legal issues. Questions and answers, or other postings to the Avvo site, are not confidential and are not subject to attorney-client privilege. The full Avvo Terms of Use are set forth at http://www.avvo.com/support/terms . In addition, while similar legal principles often apply in many states, I am only licensed to practice in the State of Minnesota and the U.S. District of Minnesota. Any general information I provide about non-Minnesota laws should be verified with an attorney licensed to practice in your state.

Even if no prior criminal history and first time offender

Sara Marie Grant Rojas

Sara Marie Grant Rojas

This is extremely fact specific, and will depend largely on your defense in court. An attorney can help you to keep certain evidence out of court all together, which could result in the charges being dismissed (there is not enough admissible evidence for the case to move forward), or an acquittal (the jury heard all the admissible evidence and decided there was not enough evidence to convict). If you were to be convicted, there will be sentencing arguments. Here too, an attorney can assist you in making a case for a lighter sentence. The short answer is you could serve no time or 20+.

Many, many years in prison is a probability. he needs a super criminal defense attorney.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.

A conviction for either of these crimes is a commit to prison of many, many years. It doesn't matter what your criminal history may be. Get an attorney immediately.

A prison sentence is not outside the realm of possibility if convicted.

There is no confidentiality online. Volunteering to answer this question does not create an attorney-client relationship. The accused is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. The likelihood of a positive outcome- exoneration or a mitigated sentence- is increased with the help of an experienced criminal litigator. Seek out an experienced criminal litigator for a free consultation. If you cannot find one on Avvo, search at the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL.org) Speak to several attorneys and hire the one that makes you feel confident and comfortable. NACDL local members: http://tinyurl.com/8ru8wtv

Educational purposes answer. | FACDL.org | NACDL.org | Defendme.net | twitter.com/JReganLLM | Non-privileged answer.