What is the percentage of approved asylum cases in Florida, California and Washington DC?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL

I want to know this in order to help a friend who wants to come here to apply for asylum because he is being prosecuted in his own country. so what could be the best state for him to live in and apply for an asylum?

1. J Charles Ferrari

9

Answered . He needs to apply where he lives. Forum shopping is frowned on.

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

9

Answered . I agree with my colleague. Your friend needs to apply for asylum based upon where he lives. Searching for the highest approval ratings is inappropriate and can hurt his credibility. Adult is ver fact specific so just because an office has a higher grant rate does not guarantee he will be successful. He would do better to focus on his actual application and supporting evidence.

3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

9

Answered . Each asylum case is decided based on it sown merit, not based on the place where filed. Please consult with an immigration attorney for further information.

4. Mayra L. Calo

1

Answered . statistics are available through a google search. Generally speaking though, a good asylum case filed by a good immigration attorney has about the same chances anywhere. Consult with an attorney in your area now to avoid any actions that may hinder your friend's case