What is the penalty in the state of florida for a 2nd degree misdemeanor for soliciting?

Hollywood, FL |
Filed under: Misdemeanor crime

this is my first offense never been in trouble before

Second degree misdemeanor charges are punishable by a maximum of 60 days in the county jail. However, if you have no prior record it's very likely you will qualify for a diversion or pre-trial intervention program. This involves no jail and ends with the charges against you being dismissed upon successful completion of the terms and conditions of the agreement. The term and conditions vary by jurisdiction but typically include some community service and a class/counseling component.

The information presented is for information purposes only based on the information provided. An attorney client relationship is not formed.

For a Soliciting Charge, you are looking at a maximum of 60 days in jail or up to 6 months of probation.

Being that this is your first arrest, it is very likely that this case can be resolved in a manner that keeps you from having a criminal record or ever seeing the inside of a jail cell. This would likely include a Pretrial Diversion program which would have various requirements for you to complete. These requirements could include: a values or sex course, community service hours, fines, etc. The requirements are usually negotiable by dealing with the state attorney.

The requirements are usually negotiable by dealing with the state attorney. Therefore, I would strongly recommend that you retain a skilled criminal defense attorney as soon as possible. Do not wait until your arraignment date to contact a lawyer. There are many things that can be done immediately after arrest that may better your chances of receiving less punishment.

My offices are located in South Florida, feel free to contact me should you decide to retain an attorney to assist you in putting this behind you. See the link below for the Florida Statute on Solicitation.

Best of luck.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

60 days jail or 6 months probation, standard fines and costs, and perhaps a few community service hours. Ask about pre-trial intervention or diversion in your county.