What is the penalty for using someone elses social security number for undocumented immigrant.

Seattle, WA |
Filed under: Immigration

My cousin used his friends social security card to get a job, with the friends permission. Now the friend is black mailing him. What is the penalty for using someone elses social security card to apply for jobs? I know if he gets caught immigration will try to deport him, but what is the criminal penalty usually, if the friend does notify the police or S.S agency?

For the criminal penalty, you should post your question under criminal law, not immigration.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.