What is the penalty for tampering with someones mail in Texas?

San Antonio, TX |

I just got married and my mother is going through my mail that is being sent to her house without my permission. So far she has filed for my taxes without letting me know, and has "lost" my copy of my income tax, and I would like something done about this.

1. http://www.irs.gov/Individuals/How-Do-You-Report-Suspected-Tax-Fraud-Activity%3F

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice before the state and federal courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.