What is the penalty for removing a lock from a gas meter?

Newnan, GA |

My gas service was disconnected last night due to late payment. I paid my balance in full and also a reconnect fee. My gas service provider informed me that they cannot reconnect until next Tuesday?!?!? That is their first available appt. WHat is the penalty for turning it on myself??? Tuesday is five days away.

You would need to contact your service provider and they could tell you what the penalty is for turning the meter on yourself.

PLEASE NOTE: THESE COMMENTS ARE NOT LEGAL ADVICE. They are provided for informational purposes on a general website comment page only. Actual legal advice from this office can only be provided after consultation directly in person with an attorney from our office. Answering this question does not create an attorney-client relationship or otherwise require further consultation.

You don't want to re-connect it yourself. You could be charged with theft of services.