What is the penalty for not paying alimony in SC

Asked almost 3 years ago - Columbia, SC

my husband was totally screwed in the divorce and must pay till death even though we went back to court and she has been proved a drug user. Do we have any options?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Michael Edward Atwater

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . I cannot comment on the allegations of drug abuse because your query did not specify when they arose and how they would be relevant to the issues tried in the family court. However, if you have exhauted all of your remedies to appeal the order, then pay is what he must do. Failure to do so may result in fines, penalties, garnishment of wages, collection actions, liens on your property, and even incarceration for contempt of court.

    DISCLAIMER – LEGAL ADVICE If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the Thumbs-Up tab at... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,417 answers this week

2,991 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,417 answers this week

2,991 attorneys answering