What is the penalty for not paying alimony in SC

Columbia, SC |

my husband was totally screwed in the divorce and must pay till death even though we went back to court and she has been proved a drug user. Do we have any options?

I cannot comment on the allegations of drug abuse because your query did not specify when they arose and how they would be relevant to the issues tried in the family court. However, if you have exhauted all of your remedies to appeal the order, then pay is what he must do. Failure to do so may result in fines, penalties, garnishment of wages, collection actions, liens on your property, and even incarceration for contempt of court.

DISCLAIMER – LEGAL ADVICE If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the Thumbs-Up tab at the bottom. You may mark this as a Best Answer for the time I spent crafting this and thinking about your matter. My comments are not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship, are not confidential, and are not intended to constitute legal advice. Proper legal advice can only be given by an attorney who agrees to represent you, who reviews the facts of your specific case, who does not have a conflict of interest preventing the representation, and who is licensed to practice in the appropriate jurisdiction where the legal issue may be filed or in the state where the law applies.

Recommended articles about Divorce