What is the penalty for forging name on real estate deed?

Saint Petersburg, FL |

My ex has forged her name on the deed to the house. We are getting divorced and she is trying to get the house which is in another state. The house is under value right now and needs upgrading. When I went through my file, I saw that she had a copy of the deed and signed her name in the attorney in fact section. I do have the original without her name. It was a notarized document and she must have made herself a copy before she moved out. What will happen if i press charges and what kind of charges can be pressed for this? What type of penalty will she receive for this act as well?

1. It is not clear from your posting whether the forged deed was delivered or recorded. There are many issues in your question that cannot be resolved on line. You should contact an experienced real estate lawyer in your area about these issues.

Disclaimer: This answer is provided for informational purposes only, does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Actual legal advice can only be provided after completing a comprehensive consultation in which all of the relevant facts are discussed and reviewed.