What is the penalty for driving on a suspended license and a misdemeanor probation violation from a misdemeanor sentence?

Lawrenceville, GA |

I was pulled over for a minor traffic violation. I was arrested for a suspended license and misdemeanor possetion. That violated my probation for a misdemeanor sentence for
possetion. What is most likely going to be the penalty?

First offense suspended license is a $500 fine (unless the suspension is from drugs then it is $750 dollars), and 2 days in jail. The probation violation can be the balance of probation time in jail, or 2 years in jail whichever is less as the maximum for the violation.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

You could potentially get revoked for the balance of your probation. 1st suspended DL conviction is 2 days in jail & $500 fine. 2nd in 5 years is 10 days & $1000 fine. Can use a Milo plea one time in 5 years to avoid license suspension.

Phyllis Gingrey Collins

Phyllis Gingrey Collins

Should say "nolo" plea. iPhone changed the word on me. Sorry!

Traffic tickets topics

Recommended articles about Traffic tickets