What is the penalty for driving on a suspended license and a misdemeanor probation violation from a misdemeanor sentence?

Asked about 3 years ago - Lawrenceville, GA

I was pulled over for a minor traffic violation. I was arrested for a suspended license and misdemeanor possetion. That violated my probation for a misdemeanor sentence for
possetion. What is most likely going to be the penalty?

1. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Pro

Answered . First offense suspended license is a $500 fine (unless the suspension is from drugs then it is $750 dollars), and 2 days in jail. The probation violation can be the balance of probation time in jail, or 2 years in jail whichever is less as the maximum for the violation.
    Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

2. Phyllis Gingrey Collins

Pro

Answered . You could potentially get revoked for the balance of your probation. 1st suspended DL conviction is 2 days in jail & $500 fine. 2nd in 5 years is 10 days & $1000 fine. Can use a Milo plea one time in 5 years to avoid license suspension.