What is the penalty for attempted murder of a police officer?

Asked about 4 years ago - New York, NY

If a person opened fire at police officers while running away from them after committing armed robbery, and was arrested after being shot and injured by fellow police officers, and is charged with attempted murder, what would be the possible sentencing for this case?

1. Mark S Guralnick

Answered . If it's an attempted aggravated murder -- which is what it sounds like -- the defendant would face a minimum sentence of at least 20 years in jail up to 40 years in jail, and a maximum sentence of life in prison under the New York Penal Code. But an attempted Class A-1 felony such as murder may have be be subject to many considerations -- such as whether the Defendant has a prior criminal history, whether he's a persistent felony offender, whether conspiracy claims can be sustained, etc.

If you're look for legal help, please feel free to cal me. We handle exactly these kinds of cases. I am an experienced criminal defense lawyer and a licensed private detective.

Mark S. Guralnick, Esq.
    1-866-337-2900.