What is the penalties for a citation for driving without a license in the state of Tennessee for your first time?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Nashville, TN

I got pulled over and citied for driving without license. This is my first time this happen to me.

1. Brian Lee O'Shaughnessy

Pro

Answered . I assume you mean driving on a revoked or suspended license. If so, the first offense is a B misdemeanor carrying a maximum penalty of 6 months and a fine of $500.

If however, you have a valid license but simply did not have it with you to present, the offense is a C misdemeanor carrying a maximum penalty of 30 days and a fine of $50.

2. Vincent Patrick Wyatt

Answered . Every person that drives in Tennessee is required to have a driver's license per Tennessee Code Annotated 55-50-301. While the punishment is not stated in such statute it is treated as a Class A misdemeanor and thus punishable by imprisonment of up to 11 months and 29 days.

3. Vincent Patrick Wyatt