What is the origin of the American principle of the jury?

Uvalde, TX |

How many people make up a jury? Why? Who says?

Sorry. This isn't the place for your homework to be answered.

Google "Magna Carta" and the "US Constitution."

Confidential information should not be disclosed in this Internet forum. I am a Wisconsin lawyer. The laws in each jurisdiction can be very different. I cannot give legal advice over the internet nor can I establish an attorney client relationship with you. You should NOT assume or otherwise conclude that there is an attorney -client relationship between any reader and this writer or his firm. These comments are only guideposts. They are not subject to any privilege protections. Indeed, these internet communications are neither privileged nor confidential. Accordingly, those using this form of communication need to be guarded in what they write. Because of the nature of these communications the information is general only and should not be relied upon in any specific case. This internet site is public forum, where the communications are not confidential or privileged. There may very well be merit to your defense or position in this type of situation. However, there are hardly sufficient details for an attorney to provide you with some path to follow. It is imperative that ALL of the facts in a particular situation be examined. No conclusion can be drawn from the communication that you have provided. There are some matters that are just better handled by an attorney familiar with the procedures of the courts in your area. Most, if not all, legal matters should not be handled via internet communication. At best, the responders on this site can give you a few hints and guidance. To deal with a legal problem, nothing is better than to consult with a lawyer who will give you some time and advice. If you cannot afford an attorney, there should be agencies in your area that can provide discounted, or even free, legal services. For a definitive answer you should seek legal advice from an attorney who (1) is licensed to practice in the state which has jurisdiction; (2) has experience in the area of law you are asking about, and (3) has been retained as your attorney for representation or consultation. Your question and the attorney’s answer may be used for promotional or educational purposes.

Libraries exist for a reason. Go to yours and research the issue.

The foregoing is for general information purposes and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Per my colleagues, I would direct you to Ask, Wikipedia and the Magna Carta, since our jury system was created in the US Constitution by the founders, who came from England. You may also wish to biblical resources..

The foregoing is not intended to be legal advice upon which you may rely as I have not been retained for this purpose.

Martin L Bearg

Martin L Bearg

A civil jury in most states consists of 6 jurors with one or two alternates. A criminal jury consists of 12, with two alternates. The alternates are in the event someone gets sick during the trial.