What is the order or motion called to enforce pendente lite payments are made?

Asked 9 months ago - Mineola, NY

There is an order in place for support while my divorce case is being litigated but my husband does not send the court ordered amount. He makes random deductions from my support and gives less than is ordered and is behind by $900 so far. My case is in Long Island, New York.

1. David Alexander Browde

Pro

8

1

Answered . It's a motion seeking enforcement and/or to hold him in contempt. Whether it will be effective in a case involving only $900 is questionable.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

6

1

Answered . You can move to hold him in contempt and/or compel compliance.

3. Lawrence Allen Weinreich

3

1

Answered . You would have to do an Order To Show Cause for contempt. The court will give him time to purge the contempt. Depending upon the order and what is owed, at some point you can do an income execution for arrears and the weekly or monthly amount of support.

This advice is not meant to create an attorney-client relationship and is a general anwer to the question posed.