What is the number of people that can go on title. Can TOD on TITLE transfer upon death without going thru court.

Hemet, CA |

I am a cash buyer on a home in Cal. I cannot be on title. So if it is put in 2 names can TOD be put on and then can those 2 names upon each death have 2 TOD. Grandkids. So eventually title should have 4 names.

1. It is not at all clear what you are trying to accomplish, and Avvo isn't a substitute for hiring your own real estate attorney. Generally speaking, there is no limit on the number of people on a grant deed. There are various methods of holding title to property, including joint tenancy with right of survivorship, and tenants in common, as well as forming a limited liability company (LLC) or putting the title in a trust.

Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is general in nature and is not intended, nor should be construed, as legal advice for a particular case. This Avvo.com posting does not create any attorney-client relationship with the author. For specific advice about your particular situation, please consult with your own attorney.