What is the number of people that can go on title. Can TOD on TITLE transfer upon death without going thru court.

Asked over 1 year ago - Hemet, CA

I am a cash buyer on a home in Cal. I cannot be on title. So if it is put in 2 names can TOD be put on and then can those 2 names upon each death have 2 TOD. Grandkids. So eventually title should have 4 names.

1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

Answered . It is not at all clear what you are trying to accomplish, and Avvo isn't a substitute for hiring your own real estate attorney. Generally speaking, there is no limit on the number of people on a grant deed. There are various methods of holding title to property, including joint tenancy with right of survivorship, and tenants in common, as well as forming a limited liability company (LLC) or putting the title in a trust.