What is the normal sentence for possession of ,precursors with intent to manufacture? FIRST TIME OFFENDER!!

Asked about 1 year ago - Lucedale, MS

I got in trouble 2 1/2yrs ago. I was charged with possession of precursor with intent to manufacture. I have never been in trouble before nor have I been in trouble since. I am really scared. I made a mistake. I have since straightened my life out, I'm clean, and in church. I am a children's church teacher now. I am just trying to figure out what possibly could happen. I got to court in September.

1. Anders Ferrington

1

Answered . Much and I repeat MUCH depends on what part of the statute you were charged under and under what circumstances. Remember there is no confidentiality on line so do not publish. If you are charged under having 2 precursors (common) than it is a minimum fine of 5K up to a million and up to thirty years. Enhancements, such as place of arrest can double that. All jurisdictions deal with things differently so there is no "blanket answer" without knowing the exact charge and if there are any enhancements there can be no easy answer. You need an attorney and you need one NOW. There are options that could be worked out, but the longer you wait the harder they are to achieve. I know myself and many others on this site offer a free initial consultations

2. William Paul Starks II

1

Answered . The potential sentence on 2 or more precursors is up to 30 years in prison. The typical sentence varies from county to county. In my home county, the typical plea bargain for a first time is in the 5-12 year range with 5 years supervised post-release to follow. Thus, you should hire an attorney experienced in your location immediately.

3. Adam Domenick Rumschlag

1

Answered . Your sentence will likely depend on a combination of your prior record, the facts of the present case, and any recommendation or offer from the prosecutor. If you are charged with a crime and can't afford an attorney, the court will appoint one for you. You should speak with him as soon as possible.