What is the next step after a DNA test is complete in a marriage based immigration case?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Mountain View, CA

I am a US citizen and my husband is overseas. Recently my husband had a DNA testing to help verify the biological relationship with my son. The test is complete and has been sent to the US Embassy overseas. The test confirms that my husband is my son’s biological father. Usually what is the next step in the immigration process to get a visa for a spouse?

I beleive it's the end stage of the process since the interview was completed a year ago. I spoke to two lawyers in September and was told there isn't a need for a lawyer since the case is in the administrative processing stage (name check background check).

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Depends on what stage of the process the case is in.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

2. Jeffrey N Lisnow

Answered . It really depends where the case is at this point in time.

3. Tsirina Goroshit

Answered . Agree with other respectful answers.