What is the next step after a DNA test is complete in a marriage based immigration case?

Mountain View, CA |

I am a US citizen and my husband is overseas. Recently my husband had a DNA testing to help verify the biological relationship with my son. The test is complete and has been sent to the US Embassy overseas. The test confirms that my husband is my son’s biological father. Usually what is the next step in the immigration process to get a visa for a spouse?

I beleive it's the end stage of the process since the interview was completed a year ago. I spoke to two lawyers in September and was told there isn't a need for a lawyer since the case is in the administrative processing stage (name check background check).

Depends on what stage of the process the case is in.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer, whether myself or one of my colleagues, to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

It really depends where the case is at this point in time.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: The answer(s) given are only to be deemed general in nature as all of the facts of your case were not provided and thoroughly reviewed. Any answers are NOT to be deemed as attorney advice as a full legal opinion can NOT be provided at this time without a complete analysis of all of the facts regarding your particular matter. Any and all statements provided do NOT in any way create any type of attorney/client relationship.

Agree with other respectful answers.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. (212)880-1538 Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit is a Full Service Immigration Law Office, at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016

Recommended articles about Immigration