What is the New York State and Federal Statute of limitations for the importation into the US of drugs?

Asked over 2 years ago - New York, NY

I have a friend who imported about 2.5 Liters of Ketamine into the US in 2004. Is she still prosecutable under either New York State or Federal law?

1. Howard A. Schwartz

5

Answered . Under new York state law there is a five year statute of limitations. Under federal law it would be five years of the most recent act of a provable conspiracy. A face to face consultation with a criminal attorney might be best. Good luck.

2. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

4

Answered . Generally, the statute of limitations is 5 years for state and Fed's.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

3. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . 5 years but if it was part of any on-going conspiracy it could come in.