What is the New York State and Federal Statute of limitations for the importation into the US of drugs?

New York, NY |

I have a friend who imported about 2.5 Liters of Ketamine into the US in 2004. Is she still prosecutable under either New York State or Federal law?

Generally, the statute of limitations is 5 years for state and Fed's.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
Garden City, NY 11530
516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

Under new York state law there is a five year statute of limitations. Under federal law it would be five years of the most recent act of a provable conspiracy. A face to face consultation with a criminal attorney might be best. Good luck.

I have been a criminal defense attorney in New York for over 20 years. website: Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

5 years but if it was part of any on-going conspiracy it could come in.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

Federal crime topics

Recommended articles about Federal crime