What is the most that can happen if I plea to a violation? disorderly conduct? harassment?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

This is a really general question that i can't seem to find a straight answer on. I really would like to know if someone pleas to any of the above, how will effect their future? background checks, jobs, records, etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

9

Answered . Disorderly conduct and harassment in the second degree are both violations punishible by up to 15 days in jail and a $250 fine. Disorderly conduct will seal once the sentence is over and harassment will usually seal but there are circumstances where harassment will not seal.

2. Joseph A Lo Piccolo

9

Answered . It is generally sealed from public access HOWEVER, some checks, such as by law enforcement, government agencies with security clearance and potentially baking can discover these violations.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

3. Benjamin J Lieberman

8

Answered . Disorderly conduct is a violation and not a crime. It would affect your future much the same way a parking ticket would. There are a couple of harassment charges and it would depend which one you are pleading to and whether or not the alleged victim is a family member or not. You should speak to your lawyer who can best describe the potential consequences of your plea for you.

4. Jeffrey Jose Estrella

8

Answered . Violation is not a crime and shouldn't affect your chances at a good life with background checks, jobs, record, etc. Disorderly or 240.20 is a violation. If you can plead to that or fight for straight ACD, dismissal if you stay out of trouble for 6 months.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.

THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C.
    “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE”

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
    www.EstrellaLawyer.com