What is the most that can happen if I plea to a violation? disorderly conduct? harassment?

Brooklyn, NY |

This is a really general question that i can't seem to find a straight answer on. I really would like to know if someone pleas to any of the above, how will effect their future? background checks, jobs, records, etc. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

1. Disorderly conduct and harassment in the second degree are both violations punishible by up to 15 days in jail and a $250 fine. Disorderly conduct will seal once the sentence is over and harassment will usually seal but there are circumstances where harassment will not seal.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. It is generally sealed from public access HOWEVER, some checks, such as by law enforcement, government agencies with security clearance and potentially baking can discover these violations.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

3. Disorderly conduct is a violation and not a crime. It would affect your future much the same way a parking ticket would. There are a couple of harassment charges and it would depend which one you are pleading to and whether or not the alleged victim is a family member or not. You should speak to your lawyer who can best describe the potential consequences of your plea for you.

4. Violation is not a crime and shouldn't affect your chances at a good life with background checks, jobs, record, etc. Disorderly or 240.20 is a violation. If you can plead to that or fight for straight ACD, dismissal if you stay out of trouble for 6 months.

Hire a lawyer to protect your legal rights.

THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C.
    “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE”

Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq.
    Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado
    Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut
    The Estrella Law Firm, P.C.
    75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170
    Inside The Bulova Corporate Center
    Jackson Heights, NY 11370
    T. (347) 628-2391
    F. (718) 672-4728
    E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com
    www.EstrellaLawyer.com

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com www.EstrellaLawyer.com