What is the most likely penalty I would get for stealing a cell phone from school and using the service? I'm 15

Higley, AZ |

Im 15, i'll be 16 next month and the hearing is next month as well, I got caught with a stolen cell phone from school and i did use the service to call and i never texted though but i am being charged with theft. I just really want to know what kind of penalty i could get. I hope its not as serious as going to Juvie.

1. It really depends on whether you have prior convictions and what judge you get. Talk with your court assigned attorney, and stop doing stupid things.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

2. First offense? 15? You will likely be offered a plea agreement with the payment of a fine, court costs, and unsupervised probation for 12 months.

Attorney is Licensed in Arizona, California, and Colorado only. The opinions and comments offered are in the nature of general business advice relating to generic questions that might be raised. The use of this site is not intended to form an attorney client relationship of any kind. The reader is advised that every situation is different and you should always consult in person with a licensed attorney for the particular jurisdiction in question when your legal rights may be effected.

Juvenile law topics