What is the most common reason to be scheduled for I-751 joint interview?

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

What is the most common reason to be scheduled for I-751 joint interview?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Kevin Lawrence Dixler


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree. The documents that you and your husband presented do not meet the minimum requirements to prove that you have entered into a bona fide marriage.

    I strongly recommend that you hire a competent and experienced immigration attorney as soon as possible to assist with the process and appear at the interview. Good luck.

    This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.
  2. Dean P Murray

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . The most common reason would be that there is a concern that the marriage is not bona fide.

    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

    Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely... more
  3. Nicklaus James Misiti

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . I agree with the other attorneys and would add you should stop attempting to gain approval without an attorney. Hire an attorney before your case is much more difficult and will be more costly. My firm handles these types of claims in NY.
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an... more
  4. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . The bona fides of the marriage.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,461 answers this week

2,720 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,461 answers this week

2,720 attorneys answering