Skip to main content

What is the monetary difference between a civil and a criminal case?

Everett, WA |

An organization is accusing me of stealing money, but will not show proof. They just want me to pay it. What are my options?

Attorney Answers 1

  1. I agree with what the other lawyer said in his answer, but I would never agree to pay anything for something I did not do. Stick to your guns. If they try to sue you, they must prove it. I suspect that if you don't pay and just ignore their requests, it may all go away.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics