What is the minimum age to file for a LLC and can minors do it or not?

Roseville, MI |

What is the minimum age to file for a LLC and can minors do it or not.(because no matter where I go people say its no age, 13+, 18+, 21+, 25+ and I just need to know). Also what does Emancipation of minors mean in the forming of a LLC because I have heard that a lot.

While the law does not specify what age one must be to own a membership interest in an LLC, it does provide that one must be 18 to enter into binding contracts.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

2. 18. You must be able to enter into binding contracts.

3. As you have to be able to enter a binding contract the minimum age will normly be 18, but there can be exceptions which would allow a younger person to do it.

To the PROSPECTIVE client, please call myself or another attorney for your choice with more detaiils and an appointment. My PRELIMINARY answer to your question(s) is for general purposes and based upon what little information you have conveyed. It is based on such limited information that the general answer should never be relied as a reason for your action or inaction. My response does NOT establish an attorney-client relationship and such may only be established by mutual agreement, and the signing of a written retainer agreement, which will generally require payment for our services, as this is what we do for a living and, just like you, we must get paid for our work.. .

Business topics