What is the minimum age to file for a LLC and can minors do it or not?

Asked over 1 year ago - Roseville, MI

What is the minimum age to file for a LLC and can minors do it or not.(because no matter where I go people say its no age, 13+, 18+, 21+, 25+ and I just need to know). Also what does Emancipation of minors mean in the forming of a LLC because I have heard that a lot.

1. James C. Higgs

2

1

Answered . 18. You must be able to enter into binding contracts.

2. Michael T Millar

Pro

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . While the law does not specify what age one must be to own a membership interest in an LLC, it does provide that one must be 18 to enter into binding contracts.

3. John F. Brennan

Answered . As you have to be able to enter a binding contract the minimum age will normly be 18, but there can be exceptions which would allow a younger person to do it.