What is the min and max sentence in NEW YORK STATE for assaulting a police officer?

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

no more detail to add

1. Marco Caviglia

Pro

1

Answered . Assuming that it is not an Aggravated Assault, a B felony, nor an assault preventing him from assisting in medical care, a C felony, and is an Assault 2d degree, a D felony, and you are not a prior convicted felon, then it is a violent felony and the sentence is a fixed time between 2 to 7 years state prison. 6/7th of the sentence is served, and there is post release supervision up to 5 years.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

1

Answered . 2 to 7 assuming the D felony and the person is not a second felony offender.

3. Lorenzo Napolitano

Answered . The above answers are correct assuming the charge is Assault in the 2nd Degree and the person is not a second felony offender. The person may also receive "shock probation" that is a split sentence of up to six months of jail plus five years probation.