What is the maximum sentence for a charge of criminal possession of a weapon in the fourth degree

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

i had a butterfly knife and brass knuckles i cant really afford a lawyer what am i likely to get with a public defender i was just carrying it there was no intent to use

and i was never read my rights

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

4

Answered . 1 year in jail, $1,000 fine and/or 3 years probation.

2. Michael Lewis Marley

Pro

3

Answered . What is your prior history and how did police come upon these weapons? Important questions as to your case.

Law Office Office Of Michael Marley
    Phone 917 853 4484

3. Marco Caviglia

1

Answered . Your limited history would suggest little or no jail, but the circumstances will affect the outcome.

4. Stephen C. Cooper

1

Answered . The maximum is one year in jail. If you have no record and there are no aggravating circumstances, you probably won't get jail at all. A competent lawyer is a must. Many public defenders are competent, although many are overworked..