What is the maximum penalty for burglary trespassing & theft first offense with no evidence

Jersey City, NJ |

I was not caught in action because I am not guilty of doing anything I was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time & there's no evidence. it happened mos.ago I was incarcerated & bailed out and I havent went to court . Also they state I was "trespassng" but I was in front of my family's home when arrested . I am very afraid I have a child on the way , my record is clean but this is a felony. I cannot afford a good lawyer how can I prove my innocence and avoid being innocently incarcerated

If you can't afford an attorney, you should apply for the Public Defender ASAP. Burglary is punishable by 3-5 years in prison and although you're not likely to get that as a first time offender, serious charges should be treated seriously.

As a side note, this is a public forum - don't post anything else about your case that could potentially be used against you.

http://www.njdomesticviolencedefense.com

Discuss the case with a lawyer in confidence ASAP. Most lawyers have reasonable sliding scale rates and will work with you on a payment plan. Also, the public defender can qualify you for free services. Act right away on this case.

www.estrellalawyer.com

The answers posted herein are not legal advice and no attorney-client relationship exists. Call for a free 20 minute consultation! THE ESTRELLA LAW FIRM, P.C. “LEGAL REPRESENTATION AND CONSULTING SERVICES THAT GO THE EXTRA MILE” -- Jeffrey J. Estrella, Esq. Licensed Attorney and Counsellor At Law/Abogado y Licensiado Licensed in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut The Estrella Law Firm, P.C. 75-20 Astoria Boulevard, Suite 170 Inside The Bulova Corporate Center Jackson Heights, NY 11370 T. (347) 628-2391 F. (718) 672-4728 E. Estrella.Jeffrey@gmail.com www.EstrellaLawyer.com

This is a serious crime alleged. Borrow money, sell something, etc. - you should get an experienced criminal defense attorney to represent you if you cannot get a public defender. Good luck.

The above is general information only and is not legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action. I am not your attorney until we sign a retainer agreement.