What is the max time in jail for felony failure to appear in Douglas,GA

Douglas, GA |

I have violatide my probation I am in jail now waiting to go to court . I turned myself in, tired of running from the law.

1. In general, any violation of a general condition of your probation carries a possible revocation of up to two (2) years, and any violation of a special condition of probation carries a maximum revocation of all time you have left, even exceeding two (2) years. Sounds like a general condition here. I doubt it will be anywhere near that long though.

Have your family or friends hire you a lawyer who can start working on this for you right away.

2. It usually two years maximum, or however much time you have left on probation if it is less than two years.

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. Any answer given assumes the person who asked the question holds a Georgia Drivers License, and this license is not a commercial drivers license (CDL). This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.