What is the max sentence for 1 offense 3rd degree domestic assault if charge and sentenced in nebraska

Omaha, NE |
Filed under: Domestic violence

My brother was charged with his first offense, 3rd degree domestic violence. I was wondering if he was found guilty what would his max sentence be, and how the state of nebraska laws are regarding this.

Third Degree Domestic Assault is a Class 1 Misdemeanor in Nebraska. That means that the maximum jail sentence is 1 year and the minimum is 0. The maximum fine amount is $1,000 and the minimum is 0. A fine or probation is also a possible sentence.

Is it possible that they can give him three years?

Susan Reff

Susan Reff

The charge only carries a maximum of 1 year but if there are more charges, he could receive more time.

My 13 year old nephew was charged with 3rd degree assault two days ago. He will be 14 in 2 months. My sister (his mother) is waiting for the courts to set a date for him to appear. Apparently, the victim he assaulted made nasty remark towards him before the attack and my nephew proceeded to fling the kid around by his sweatshirt hood, and also gave him a bloody nose. Is there a plea for minors? I suggested no contest but my sister said it's either admitting or denying. What can we expect in court?