What is the mandatory minimum sentence in Philadelphia for carrying an unlicensed firearm? Is there a statute for this crime?

Philadelphia, PA |

James Clark

http://reference.pafoa.org/statutes/PA/18/II/G/61/A/6106/firearms-not-to-be-carried-without-a-license/
16 Pa.CS Section 6106

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

There is no mandatory minimum just for carrying an unlicensed firearm. The offense is governed by the uniform firearms act under sections 6106 and 6108 as codified in PA. 6108 applies only to phila county. You should hire a Phila criminal defense attorney who specializes in these type of cases.

Thank you for the answer, I am a paralegal student and the question came up during my class.

Douglas Lee Dolfman

Douglas Lee Dolfman

ok

Mr. Dolfman is correct.

You must be very careful what information you post on a website like Avvo.com or any other public access website. Anything you say here is not privileged and can be used against you in any court proceeding. For a free consultation contact me at 954-620-8300 or email at Grant@Dnslaw.com .

Please also consider there are other issues if the person is a previously convicted felon.