What is the main purpose of the ISAP program and how long is it for?

My husband is on this program right now.Can he be deported after all? I will apply for citizenship next week if it helps. Thank you 

1. It depends on whether he is in removal proceedings, subject to them, has a final order, or is subject to reinstatement of a previous removal order.

Hes should consult with a competent attorney or BIA-accredited representative to determine where he stands in terms of being removed from the U.S.

Daniel Green, Esq.
    845-853-7302/347-245-7078
    Serving the Hudson Valley, Northeast, and the World Beyond
    www.hudsonvalleyimmigrationlaw.com
    lawyer@hudsonvalleyimmigrationlaw.com
    Location: 684 Aaron Court, Kingston, NY
    Mailing Address: PO Box 3238, Kingston, NY 12402

2. ISAP is to keep track of you without putting you in jail. It is not a guarantee that the person will not be deported in the end. If he is in ISAP, was he in removal proceedings and had his case denied? Retain a lawyer to advise and help you.

An attorney-client relationship is not formed by my responses to questions on Avvo. My responses are not intended to be legal advice and must not be relied upon as legal advice.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

This answer is of a general nature and should not be relied upon as final, nor is it intended as legal advice. Consult with a qualified attorney before making any legal decisions. Gen Kimura, (832) 247-6932.

4. ISAP is ICE's "Intensive Supervision" program. They use it to keep track of persons whom the agency decides not to physically detain at this time. It does not provide any substantive right to remain in the United States and the alien can be terminated from the program at any time and if a final order of removal exists, removed from the United States.

-----------
    Jeffrey A. Devore, Esq.
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney
    Devore Law Group, P.A.
    2925 PGA Blvd., Suite 204
    Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
    Telephone: (561) 478-5353
    Facsimile: (561) 478-2144
    Skype: jeffrey.a.devore
    email: jdevore@devorelawgroup.com
    web: www.devorelawgroup.com