What is the longest it takes to receive the work authorization card after biometrics ?

Aurora, IL |

My brother had his biometrics appointment before me and I already got everything including my SSN and he has not yet even received the work authorization card. He has been in initial review since November 25, 2012. I am just really concerned and want to know what can be the issue.

1. What did your brother apply for? In USCIS-land, a processing time of several months is very common for many applications, so there is probably no need for concern.

Nothing posted on this site is intended to create an attorney-client relationship. Laura Mandell, Law Office of Stephen Gingell, 2075 SW First Avenue, Suite 2J, Portland, OR 97201 | Telephone: 503-719-7209 | Facsimile: 503-345-0926 | Email: laura@northwestlawoffice.com | Online: http://stephengingell.com

2. depends on what he applied for

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

3. It should take 90 days from the date of filing unless there is a request for evidence.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.