What is the likely sentencing for shooting into occupancy with no prior violations

Asked over 1 year ago - Lumberton, NC

I have had no previous convictions

1. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . I'm not licensed in your state, so even if I were confident about what you have asked I could not give you a direct answer. The major difficulty with the question as stated is the word "occupancy". If by that word you mean you fired a weapon into a residence, then I can say with confidence that you need the assistance of a good criminal defense attorney immediately. If you already have legal counsel then your question should be directed to that person. If you haven't hired an attorney start looking now. There a several outstanding lawyers from your area who participate here, and most offer free, if limited, consultations. Take advantage of that to speak privately with one or more local lawyers who can give you reliable information. Do NOT post any additional information about this situation ANYWHERE on the Internet, including social media like Facebook. Do not talk with other people except for criminal defense attorneys. Most important DO NOT TALK to police without an attorney beside you. Good luck.

2. John Paul Thygerson

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with Attorney Jones. If you fired a weapon into a residence while it was occupied or not, you need the services of an experienced criminal defense attorney asap. Your concern about sentencing is premature. Let an attorney assist you and perhaps a reduction in the charges might be possible.

3. Frank Mascagni III

1

Answered . If the question is addressed to discharge of a weapon, and a bullet(s) that entered a residece ( occupied or not at the time) this is a serious matter. Retain a good criminal defense attorney in your area ASAP to represent you. Depending on the exact charge, this could be a felony or misdemeanor under your sate law. Prosecutors nor judges like cases where a weapon was discharged. Get counsel.