What is the likely outcome for a charge of assault in the fourth degree?

Asked about 1 year ago - Moses Lake, WA

My son (21) was at a concert in WA state and invited to a VIP booth. After he entered he was grabbed by a supposed security guard and pullers out. He apologized and said he had been invited in. Meanwhile security radioed moe guys and my son twisted his arm out of the grip and ran. He was thrown down by four more men and roughed up pretty badly. Police were called and he was arrested and charged with fourth degree assault. He didn't assault anyone so I'm confused.

1. Patrick Owen Earl

Pro

3

Answered . There are a number of things that can happen in a case like this and so he needs an attorney to help him. I live here in Moses Lake and have worked here for 21 years. I can help. Call me or email me and we can meet. I handle these type of cases all the time.

2. James J White

Pro

3

Answered . It is difficult to predict an outcome especially when the facts are contested, like here. Hire your son an attorney to get the best result.

3. Scott Weymouth Lawrence

Pro

2

Answered . He should get an attorney. After looking at all of the evidence and interviewing the witnesses it may make sense to assert self-defense and elect for a jury trial. Assault cases are easily filed, but relatively hard to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

Scott W Lawrence
    (425) 488-8481 Office
    (425) 971-7347 Text

4. Ryan C Witt

Pro

2

Answered . Security guards, especially concert security guards, always screw this stuff up. They are transient like carnival workers. I would be shocked if they can put together a good report and / or show up for a trial if the matter has to proceed that far. You should hire him a good attorney familiar with concerts (and the fallout) in that area. Best of luck. My suspicion is that he will be OK.