What is the likely hood that I can win my case with a suspended license , police report stating it was my fault, and I hit them

Carrollton, TX |

Gas tanker stalled in middle of hwy 11:30 pm . no lights on the truck or cones out. I have a suspended license and I hit them. I have 4 witnesses that showed up on the scene and can corroborate that. 2 police officers that came to the hospital also told my family it was the truckers fault. stating he didn't have lights or cones. But the police report came back stating other wise. Me and my passenger were hurt severely and my truck was totaled. Is there a chance to win this case?

Your suspended license should not be an issue with regard to your civil case. Get a lawyer asap to handle your civil suit against the owner of the tanker truck. You may have to defend yourself on the license suspension in criminal court, if the officer sent the law violation to the D.A.'s office for review. It is important to get witness statements and all witness contact information. The police were not there at the time of the incident. The witnesses, however, were and will be able to testify that it was not your fault.

The information provided is not advice but a legal perspective and you should schedule a consultation with the lawyer of your choice.

2. Suspended license shouldn't be an issue. To have the best chance possible of winning your case you need to hire an attorney.

3. With a good personal injury lawyer, your chances increase exponentially......

4. The tanker truck has liability in this situation. Whether you have some as well will depend on the facts via the witnesses. It will not depend on the fact your license was suspended. Consult an experienced injury attorney to handle your claim for damages.

5. An experienced car accident lawyer needs to review the evidence in your case and give you an opinion. You need to provide medical records for both you and your passenger.

6. There is absolutely a chance you may prevail. It will of course turn on all of the facts that should be fulled investigated as soon as possible. You should engage the services of an experienced board certified attorney as soon as you are able to begin the investigation and fact gathering while all of the evidence is fresh and reasonably recent in time.

By answering your inquiry, no attorney client relationship exists. Unless and until we enter into a written fee agreement contract we do not represent you nor have we undertaken the obligation to do so. Whether you hire us or another lawyer, you should absolutely hire an attorney. These matters are very complicated and there are certain time periods within which you must act.

7. Yes, there is a chance. The fact that you have a suspended license shouldn't be an issue from an evidence standpoint. It might, however, be an issue from a claims negotiation standpoint. You need to hire an attorney right away. The most important thing is to get and keep the names and contact information of the witnesses. Did the police report mention anything about the truck not displaying hazard lights and cones??? DO NOT talk to the adjusters nor give any sort of statement until you talk to a lawyer. Get pictures of any visible injuries that you have. You can get a free consultation; so, you might as well take advantage of it.

8. your suspended license is not an issue. Think about it, the other side is negligent and you are not. "I was careless but I should not be responsible since the person I hurt had a suspended license, so matter what I did or did not do, it just doesn't matter." Doesn't work that way.
    Retain an attorney immediately.

If you feel this is the "best" answer or is "helpful," please indicate. Since I am limited to the information you provide, I cannot guarantee the accuracy of the answer. You should seek the advise of an attorney who can explore all aspects of your question. This communication does not form an attorney client relationship.

9. Your case isn't impossible. The big issue is you need to be ready to take this case to trial. Depending on the extent if your injuries firms, like ours, may be willing to take your case on a contingency basis. The first thing you need to do is start collecting all the photographs, documents etc... Of your vehicles. medicals etc... You will need the police report as well. In the mean time avoid discussing this case with anyone. Do not post anything on the internet about the wreck and do not talk with the truckers insurance. I hope that helps. Good luck. If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask or leave a comment.

Top Personal Injury Lawyer - Trial Tested - Proven Results - Free Consultation: 855-648-4695. Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship. Any statements are made for general informational purposes and do not constitute legal advice. Mr. Crockett is licensed in Texas in Illinois only.